Now, we need to prepare for the virtual environment.
- Windows Virtual PC – Windows6.1 KB958559 x86.msu
- Windows XP Mode -WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe
from this link (Microsoft Official Site) by choosing the right Windows 7 Operating Sysytem Version (32 bit or 64 bit)
2. Install Windows Virtual PC, then Windows XP Mode
This is the picture set up of Windows XP Mode
- After installation you’ll need to specify user name and password
- Then Windows will set up for you a Windows XP. Dynamic Virtual Hard disk will created automatically in drive C. You can move manually to any folder your specified folder later, or just left it AS IS. No problem.
- This is the view of your Windows XP Mode
3. We need to change Ethernet card option in the Windows Virtual PC by selecting via Start Menu, You must shut down Win XP Mode
Then right click Windows XP Mode, and click Setting
Choose Networking, then change Adapter 1 – NAT to [Your Internal Hardware Network Adapter], click OK.
Now you have Virtual Windows XP that already to optimize Simatic Software.
*Screen shot by ibudweb.com