Windows XP Mode is ready. Now, continue to next step.
1. Open Windows XP Mode.
2. If you install from a folder you need to move to local folder in drive belong to Windows XP Mode NOT Windows 7.
3. Install Simatic softwares as usual. In this case I use Simatic Step 7 Version 5.2, Simatic Net V 6.0 SP3, and WinCC 6.0 SP1.
4. Set Station name in Simatic to this Windows XP Mode (VirtualXP-xxxxx). More simple than change windows name. It could make an error.
5. Edit Computer name in WinCC Project to your Virtual XP name .
Now you can run Your Simatic Software directly from Windows 7 below Windows XP Mode. All shortcuts will appear here.
I hope this help you.
* Screen shot made by ibudweb.com