Previous panels using RS 232 to transfer run-time program. Of course we have trouble in speed. Ethernet will boost the speed, save our time.
To connect HMI panel, we need to set up in both. MP277 HMI panel and WinCC Flexible.
- Turn on your HMI panel, by connect the 24VDC to MP277. I will start automatically.
Then open the control panel. You will see many icon.
- Click Transfer Icon, Transfer Settings windows appears. Set Channel 2 , choose ETHERNET. Then Click Advance button
- LAN network appears, tap twice the icon.
- LAN settings window will appears. Specify the IP for example here 192.168.56.198 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 then tap OK.
- Now go to your WinCC Flexible PC. Open Project Menu >> Transfer >> Communication Settting
- Choose Device type : MP277, mode: Ethernet, IP address: 192.168.56.198 (refer to MP277 IP address) then click OK
- Make sure to disable DHCP in LAN properties in PC. Use manual IP setting, for example 192.168.56.190 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0