This 2012, Control Engineering Magazine held annual even call Engineers’ Choice Award. This is the 25th event. There are 30 categories for the award. There are more than 100 automation products and 62 automation companies nominated. The winners already inform, and awards will be presented for the winners of the 2012 Engineers’ Choice awards to be held on March 26, 2012, in Chicago.
Siemens nominated in 6 categories there are
Hardware – Industrial PCs
- Nanobox IPC from Siemens
Network integration – I/O systems
- Failsafe ET 200 ISP modular safety I/O for hazardous locations from Siemens
Power – Energy, power protection
- Sirius 3RB24 electronic overload relay for IO-Link from Siemens
Power – Motor control center
- tiastar SmartStart motor control center from Siemens
- tiastar Arc-resistant motor control center from Siemens
Safety – Machine safety
- Simocode pro Safety overload relay fail-safe expansion modules from Siemens
Software – Control design
After about months print and online votes, Control Engineering inform in the official website and Siemens win 2 categories, there are Network integration – I/O systems and Software – Control design.